At Towne & Country we believe each pet has a unique lifestyle. We tailor preventative care to each patient according to their needs. Our services include:
- Comprehensive physical exams
- Routine preventative surgery such as spays/neuters and gastropexy.
- Laser surgery for cat declaws, this combined with our pain protocol gives your pet a pain-free experience.
- Advanced diagnostics including a full in house lab, Ultrasound, Endoscopy and Digital X-rays.
- Urgent and Emergency Care
- Advanced surgery including cystotomy, gastrotomy, enterotomy, mass removals and some orthopedic procedures.
- Vaccines, heartworm/flea/tick prevention and testing and Microchip ID.
- Allergy care for itchy pets.
- Dental care and cleaning with state of the art equipment including digital dental x-ray.
- Weight management diet and nutrition counseling.
- Quality of life counseling and euthanasia, home visits available please call for availability.
- Pocket pet medicine and surgery.
We have a full in-house lab for on-site bloodwork. In addition, we have several diagnostic tools available for your pet:
Video Endoscopy - This allows for inspection of your pets esophagus and stomach. Some foreign objects accidentally swallowed by our patients can be removed using the endoscope instead of surgery. This earring was removed from a young dog using this method and he was able to go home hours after the procedure.
Ultrasound - Our ultrasound is state of the art. It’s especially helpful with emergency cases. These images compliment digital radiographs making it easier for our doctors to make a diagnosis.
Animals that are comfortable and pain-free heal faster after a surgical procedure or traumatic event. We use the most current protocols to prevent pain before surgery. We will send your pet home on pain medication to keep them comfortable and speed their recovery.
We also enjoy our local community, and some of the ways we stay involved are:
- Participating in "Career Days" at local schools
- Offering hospital tours for Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- Sponsorship of South Eastern Livingston County Recreation Authority (SELCRA) events.
Memberships include the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), the Michigan Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA) and the Southeastern Michigan Veterinary Medical Association (SEMVMA).
Our appointment book is computerized, which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty seven days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such as accidental ingestion of rat poison, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call or come in immediately.
Because a large number of veterinarians practice at Towne and Country Animal Hospital, we can care for many types of pets:
- Pocket Pets*
- Small Farm Animals*
*Select veterinarians only. Call us for more information.
Towne and Country Animal Hospital offers discounted services to senior citizens and local area rescue groups. Pre-approval is required to qualify for the rescue group discounts, please call us for more information.